Contact Us Today! 206-631-9610


The Forms You Need for an Uncontested Divorce Without Children in Washington State

Posted by Unknown | Aug 05, 2020 | 0 Comments


  1. Summons: Notice About a Marriage or Domestic Partnership
  2. Petition for Divorce (Divorce is called Dissolution in Washington State) - if the respondent signs this agreement on the last page, the court will most likely agree to the information in this form.*
  3. Certificate of Dissolution - pdf version only - file with court - check with the court on whether they will send on to the WA dept of health or if you must do that yourself.
  4. Proof of personal service - if necessary*
  5. Agreement to Join Petition (joinder)* - this is if the Respondent did not sign the last page of the Petition for Divorce
  6. Service Accepted*

*NOTE: If your spouse completes the Agreement to Join Petition or Service Accepted, or agrees to join the Petition by signing the agreement on the last page of the Petition, service of the Petition and Summons is not necessary.

    7. Response to Petition about a Marriage
In Section 4 of the form:
“[  ]    Final Divorce Order (Dissolution Decree).  The marriage is irretrievably broken.
Have the respondent check this box if uncontested. This form is unnecessary if there is no contest. However, the respondent can file this saying they “agree” to all of the terms if they did not sign any of the first documents filed.


    8. Final Divorce Order (Dissolution Decree) / Legal Separation Order (Decree) / Invalid Marriage Order (Annulment Decree) / Valid Marriage Order (Decree)
Both parties will need to sign this. If parties are still in agreement at step 8 - the case will not need to go to trial. If the parties are no longer in agreement, the parties will have to go to trial.
This must be done 90 days** after service of the petition (or 90 days** after filing the petition for divorce with the Respondent's agreement)
**Unless local court rules differ on the number of days


You may qualify for court fee waivers if you are on food or housing assistance or under a certain threshold of income. See Washington Law Help for more information.


If you are interested in doing this yourself, Washington Law Help has an in-depth guide here
To directly start an interview with Washington Law Help Interactive, click here.


Compiled by Cameron Martin - Legal Intern
Under Supervision of Sarterus Rowe WSBA #47010 

 Image by Jackson Simmer

About the Author


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment


Law for All is committed to answering your questions about Family Law, Copyright, Trademark, Privacy, Technology and Unemployment law issues in Seattle.

We’ll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.